Anges Québec Capital is an investment fund created to provide financial support to members of the Réseau Anges Québec. The fund is mainly sponsored by Investissement Québec to support financial angels who invest in innovative seed or start-up companies in Quebec.
The joint effort by the angels and Investissement Québec has resulted in over $30 million being made available to entrepreneurs, allowing them to benefit from more substantial financial leverage in order to considerably increase development of their business
Present your business plan to Réseau Anges Québec. Once your file is proposed by the selection committee, you could be invited to present your business to the 110 members of Anges Québec to gage their interest in investing time and money in your project. If the angels don’t offer sufficient financing to bring your project to fruition, you could present your project simultaneously to Anges Québec Capital.
Go to the Anges Québec website for the steps to follow to become a member.
Anges Québec Capital uses the following criteria to determine if the project is eligible:
- The file must be presented to all members of Anges Québec and at least four active members must decide to invest. The angel investors must have the required experience and in-depth knowledge, and be willing to act as “advisor” to the business concerned.
- The business must be in the first stage of development (with proof of concept, seed and start-up), management and operating activities must be carried out primarily in Quebec and must not have achieved the stage of sustained profitability.
- The business must operate in the field of information and industrial technologies, including life sciences.
- Anges Québec Capital’s financial involvement must be in the form of share capital or quasi-equity, for a minority share.
- The investment must be between $100,000 and $500,000 for a first round and must not represent more than 2X the angel investors’ outlay. The total investment in a file cannot exceed $2 million.
All files presented to Anges Québec Capital are subject to approval by the board of directors.